Topic

Bug tent, How to attach a net top to a polycro floor

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Bug tent, How to attach a net top to a polycro floor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

I am considering building a bug tent and maybe a bivy with a polycro tub floor.

I would consider the polycro tub dispoable and that is where I am stuck. Hopefully it would last a year or so, but I would like to be able to replace the tub without too much hassle.

I could velcro it, but then I would have to glue new velcro on the new tub floor, and thats a lot of velcro.

I could also tape it with thin transparent tape, then when its time to replace, just cut the tape down the middle and tape on a new floor, IE the old 1/2 tape would stay on the mesh.

Over time it would build up, but if I made the top about 2" longer, I could trim it every other floor job.

I guess I could sew it and glue on the polycro side where the penetratinons are to keep it from ripping, but not sure about that.

I have some polycro on the way, so I have not had a chance to test it yet

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools