Topic

Golite Website

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Golite Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    647575757 3

@686425

They have the fall 2009 stuff up in the clothing section. It seems like everything is getting heavier….

Anonymous
    Inactive

What will Andrew Skurka do?

David Ure

@familyguy

You don't honestly believe Skurka uses off the shelf Golite gear, do you?

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

I think Skurka modifies everything he uses.

Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

"What will Andrew Skurka do?"

Do they make those bracelets? price anyone?

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Nice site….although a little confusing to navigate. If you go to a certain section (ie. waterproof outerwear) it takes you to a specific jacket. From there you can navigate to other coats at the bottom but there is no overview page (that I can find) so you have to browse through them all to see which is the lightest etc.

I wonder why they bothered to add stuff to the site that is going to be replaced or updated shortly. I'm thinking of their quilts and ultra series packs.

Thomas Gauperaa
    BPL Member

@gauperaa

Locale: Norway

Yes, I experienced the same thing. Was looking for a rain pant and ended up at a specific product instead of a category page or the like. I think it's a bug.

Anonymous
    Inactive

But is just more that he would have to modify or not even use if they are replacing materials.

James Lantz
    BPL Member

@jameslantz

Locale: North Georgia

GoLite hasn't changed their footwear section on the website in about 2 years. Maybe it has something to do with selling that line to Timberland?

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Timberland always owned the GoLite name for footwear (and only footwear), but sold it recently to a company called New England footwear. http://newenglandfootwear.com/

Jamie Shortt
    BPL Member

@jshortt

Locale: North Carolina

I hope I am just navigating incorrectly, but it would look like to me golite just eliminated all their light weight gear.

All I am seeing is packs getting heavier and feature laden and heavy weight clothing (by our standards). I can no longer find the wisp wind jacket, the virga rain jacket, or the reed pants. All I see is far heavier substitutes.

If I am missing them please let me know.

Thanks, Jamie

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

The Wisp and the Ether are still there — under Performance clothing. Don't see the Reed pants…

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

Andy, the bracelets are made of Spectra and sell by the nano-ounce. You need to send in your exact size because the ends are snipped off closely (like Henry Shires's guylines) so there is no extra weight involved. You could MYOG from cuben material and cut your length, make a very thin strip, roll it and then tie it around your wrist. You'll have to wear it until your death, or when your hand falls off…which ever comes first.

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

I'm scrolling through their thumbnails on the bottom, and are finding only two wp/b pants – at 11 oz and 17 oz. New items all around. What did the original reeds come in at? 5 oz? I'm sticking /w my Precip pants.

As far as packs go, the Ion is still there, but the Jam is 26 oz and Pinnacle is 32. Lots of weird stuff going on there.

It reminds me of this:
    Roots

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

are not in the regular product section, but can be found in the online specials section for $42 – sm, med, x-lrg only.

Golite Online Specials

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

Don't look now my fellow tall Amazonians, GoLite is now offering XXL!

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

I sure wish GoLite would ship to Canada. It's really hard as a Canadian to buy their stuff. Physical dealers are almost non-existent (and usually don't have your size anyways) and there are no online Canadian dealers. GoLite won't ship directly to Canada and virtually all USA online sites either don't ship to Canada or charge a ridiculous amount for doing so.

I've emailed GoLite a few times about buying from them. They tell me that they can't accept my 'Canadian credit card' which sounds like B.S. to me, because as far as I know my Visa works anywhere in the world. Every single other business in the USA has no problem with it.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

I wonder how easy it is to get accepted as a 'pro' and what kind of discounts this entails? Doesn't seem to hard:
    http://www.golite.com/sale/propurchase.aspx

647575757 3

@686425

If you work for a guide company or outdoor retail shop, you can easily qualify. A friend of mine works ase a river guide and they just approved him. Prices turn out to be a little above cost or wholesale.

David Ure

@familyguy

There is a distributer in Canada that I contacted for Golite. They added a 20% charge up to the cost of anything ordered.

Good thing their products are becoming "Not So Golite" and are not as attractive to me as they were in the past (2 lbs for a 2010 Jam? Its frameless!).

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

I work part time at a Helly Hansen store…which mostly outdoor clothing. The problem is that the store is brand specific so I obviously couldn't wear GoLite clothes to work.

The other problem is GoLite won't ship to Canada….

Travis Hohn
    BPL Member

@justaguy

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Did they nix all of their bigger shelters? the biggest size on the website is the Shangri- la ( hex 3 ). I was interested in one of their 4 or 6 man shelters they had…bummer.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I see the 4, 6, and 8+. Go to the Shangri-la and scroll across the bottom control to the right.

Travis Hohn
    BPL Member

@justaguy

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Woops. I saw that on the bottom and didn't think to scroll. Thanks!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools