Topic

Windpro knockoffs for group cooking?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Backpacking Light with Scouts Windpro knockoffs for group cooking?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

I need to buy a stove that will also be used by our Scout troop. Thus, I'm looking for a remote canister and the Windpro seems to be the best choice for that. I know Kovea makes several of the MSR stoves, so I'd guess there are cheaper versions out there. However, I can't find them. Any tips? Other remote canister models that may be superior in reliability or performance to the Windpro?

Bailey Gin
    Spectator

@pugslie

Locale: SLO County

I've got a Snow Peak Gigapower BF GS-300A remote canister for sale. It's a bit heavier than the Windpro. Its listed here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=22086

b.gin

Cesar Garcia
    BPL Member

@crgowo

Locale: Desert SW

Not as light but almost the same as the windpro.

David Bizup

@scouterinahammock

A little heavy at 39 oz, but that includes the burner, windscreen, 2L pot, lid, grips, stove tool, and cozy. That's a whole lot more gear than comes with a Windpro. And better yet, if you go to campsaver.com right now, you can get it all for $5 less than the Windpro. Amazing.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

We used an Etapower for a 5 person, 4 day trip in NM last month. Worked great, super efficient, only used part of a new cartridge. We'd boil water, and put all the FBC bags in the stove cozy after adding water. Sweet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools