Topic

Light chair

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Light chair

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pepe LP
    BPL Member

@pepelp

Locale: New Mexico

I could really use a chair similar to a Crazy Creek but made with light materials. Carbon fiber stays, light bottom and back.

Is there a pattern for one? or does somebody already make it? Any ideas?

Thanks.

. Callahan
    BPL Member

@aeronautical

Locale: London, UK.

Hi,

Do you mean the Cradle Lounger/Sling Light model?

I have three of 'em, and they're pretty light as is!

Scott Van Doeselaar
    BPL Member

@vandoe

Locale: Southern CA

I copied the big agnes chair using wood dowels for the stays and spinnaker from Gossamer Gear. The result is a chair that weighs 3.7 oz not including the pad. I eventually think I can get this lower as well. It has not seen alot of use yet so I don't know how well the spinnaker will wear.Light chairlight chair 2

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

I use my Hennessy Hammock Hyperlite Backpacker for my camp chair. Since I already carry it for shelter (1lb 10 oz.) the chair function adds zero ounces.

Pepe LP
    BPL Member

@pepelp

Locale: New Mexico

Hi,

The Big Agnes chair copy looks interesting. I think I'm going to make a copy of the Crazy Creek chair out of 1.1 Ripstop with some carbon fiber stays. I'll use some blue closed cell foam for a bottom. Hopefully it will work. It should be a lot lighter.

Hammocks work great at camp, but I need it to be more mobile. I'm an animal voyeur. I like to watch deer, elk, etc. with binocs and a spotting scope. Sitting and glassing gets hard on my back after a little while. A chair makes it a lot more fun.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools