Topic

Wallowas in May

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason Filcman

@blarneystoner

Was thinking about doing a 5-6 day trip in the Wallowas in May, and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a route. Anyone do the Southeast Wallowas Loop Trail? I read a cool article on here about the trail to Minah and Blue Lake… anyone know what kind of snow conditions I might find in mid-May? Any info would be appreciated.

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Such a trip in May would definitely be under winter conditions. Try July instead!

Jason Filcman

@blarneystoner

Can't… hopefully be in Glacier in August. Planning my second float of the John Day in May, and wanted to double up and do a hike before the float… guess I'll find something at a lower elevation. Thanks for the advice.

Randall Dee
    BPL Member

@speyguy

Locale: Cascadia

High Wallowas in May would be snowy for sure. You could hike the Minam river trail however. If you could arrange a shuttle or hitch, you could go into Red's Horse Ranch and hike back to the highway, or just do an in and out. You'd most likely get lots of solitude. Red's is a cool place to check out. It's no longer an active ranch and is now run by the forest service.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/speyguy/MinamRiverHike#

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools