Topic

BPL New England: Monadnock Sunapee Greenway, October 16-18

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips BPL New England: Monadnock Sunapee Greenway, October 16-18

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Linn

@ryan-c-linn

Locale: Maine!

BPL New England Chapter Foliage Hike Part 2:

Friday, October 16 through Sunday, October 18: The entire 49 mile Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway in southern New Hampshire.

The timing of this isn't perfect, since it's the weekend after Columbus Day, but that's where I'll be on the New England trail that weekend, and I might need a ride… but doing the entire MSG should be a nice hike of about 20 miles each day through rolling terrain, ending with the Grand Monadnock on a much less crowded weekend than Columbus Day (the busiest peak in the US, from what I hear). I think the foliage will still be pretty nice, and the crowds should be pretty small.

Depending on how many people come, we can post a car or two at each trailhead. There’s a campsite only 5.5 miles south of the summit of Sunapee, so we could hike in there in the evening of the 16th, then do two pretty big days to make it to the end at Monadnock.

Tentatively, I will be at Cardigan Mountain State park, about a half hour drive north of Sunapee, so this is sort of a ploy to get someone to give me a ride from there to Sunapee and avoid a 35 mile roadwalk. But it will be a cool hike! Who’s with me?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Hi Ryan,

I'd be very interested! And I could probably interest a person or two here to join us! Keep me posted/PM me for my phone number if you want to discuss.

Take care,

Doug

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools