Topic

BPL New England: Columbus Day Sandwiches! (Sandwich Range)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips BPL New England: Columbus Day Sandwiches! (Sandwich Range)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Linn

@ryan-c-linn

Locale: Maine!

This is the first of two trips I'll try to organize:

Friday, October 9 through Monday, October 12: BPL hits the Sandwich Range in New Hampshire!

This will be a very crowded weekend, but it just so happens that I'll be rolling into Waterville Valley on my New England Trail hike on the afternoon of Friday the 9th! From there, the plan is flexible.

Friday: hike into the woods a mile or two, camp a reasonable distance off trail.

Saturday, Sunday, Monday: Hike over the Tripyramids, Sleepers, Whiteface and Passaconaway, then either go further east or a little way south. Possibly make it all the way to Chocorua, then turn back toward Flat Mountain Pond, and then to Sandwich Dome. Maybe eat sandwiches on top? Who knows!

Monday: Return to cars or (in my case) continue walking. The possibilities are endless!

It's bound to be a very crowded weekend out there in the White Mountains. Peak foliage season, Columbus Day, and delightful mountains all add up to lots of people. But if you can handle it, you might as well do it!

Who's in?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools