Topic

Minus33 Merino wool?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Minus33 Merino wool?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

This is a little embarassing, but we're out of merino boxer briefs at the shop and I need another pair for a trip next week, so… hard to pay full retail when you work in the industry, and I came across these Minus33 boxer briefs at Amazon.

Anyone had personal experience with Minus33 merino? It's about 40% cheaper than some of the competitors. (I did see the one review here at BPL, hoping for more feedback.)

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I have the women's baselayer crew 170 and the balaclava, which I sewed together and use as a hoody. I don't think the men's shirts come in anything lighter than the midweight 230. I can vouch that the shirt is very soft and machine washable and dryable and comfortable and certainly a good buy.
    However, now that buffwear has a merino buff, I have ordered one to be a "portable" hoody for my older, beatup but still lovable, smartwool l/s shirt and maybe my s/s merino shirt.
    My son uses the 230 weight shirt and longjohns for work and likes them. However, he doesn't hike, so the midweight works for him.

Curt Peterson
    BPL Member

@curtpeterson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

They do make a 170 short sleeved T-shirt. Is that relatively lightweight? I don't know much about wool weights and am also interested in Minus33.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools