Topic

Spring Pasta Salad

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Spring Pasta Salad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Since everyone seems to love no cook meals I got inspired by Teresa's recent recipe she posted! This is a veg friendly recipe and can be done vegan by leaving the cheese out.

Photobucket

Spring Pasta Salad

3 oz ramen
    1⁄4 c freeze dried green peas
    2 T freeze dried sliced olives
    1 1⁄4 t lower sodium vegetable bouillon
    1 t Italian herb seasoning
    1⁄2 t True Lemon powder
    1⁄4 t ground black pepper
    1 T extra virgin olive oil (1 packet)
    2 pkt Parmesan cheese
    1 1⁄4 c water

Instructions

Crumble the ramen into bite size pieces. Pack it, the vegetables and seasonings in a quart freezer bag. Tuck the oil and cheese packets in with the bag.

Add the cool water to the bag, seal tightly and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes to rehydrate. Open up the bag, stir in the oil and the cheese. Add salt to taste, if desired.

Notes
    Baked ramen works wonderfully in this recipe.
    Dry weight of the meal is 5 ounces.

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I just had this for lunch (at my desk) and it is another instant Evergreen! It worked well with the dehydrated peas I used, because I don't have freeze-dried. And I didn't have olives. But otherwise, I made it exactly the same! This is appears to be one of those flexible recipes that will thrive on additions of whatever else you have that sounds good at the time. Except mushrooms, which goes without saying.

To update the pint freezerbag conversation in another thread, something possessed me last night and I drove 24 miles to Winco in Marysville. They had cases of the pint freezerbags! I got a blank look from the guy when I asked about baked ramen. Is it in with the regular ramen in the stores where it still exists? Or have you been everywhere already? I'm thinking of trying a Fred Meyer in a town I won't name, so as not to give you ideas.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Hehheh…I am saving up my Porcini mushroom powder I found at Whole Foods for a triple shroom recipe. Just for you! ;-)

On the ramen, most stores sold it with the fried. It was a bigger sized package, "Choice Ramen" by Nissin. Lol..I don't need anymore at this point. I got lucky at the Covington Fred Meyers ;-)

I think though most Safeway's dumped theirs into clearance a couple months ago. Sigh!

And yeah, on the recipe – I think one could add whatever they had on hand and make it a zillion ways :-D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools