Topic

Two in One Boat: A Photo and Video Essay from Montana’s Jefferson River

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Two in One Boat: A Photo and Video Essay from Montana’s Jefferson River

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana
    Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Ryan and Chase- I always love hearing about your father/son adventures. The two of you are always an inspiration for the trips Henry and I take…and will be taking for years to come. Thanks for the new inspiration!

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Ryan- I want to see a story sometime on your gear collection. I know it's spread between storage units and tractor trailer trucks so you'd probably have to do it in installations…

"This week- shelters….
    #135) Custom Cuben poncho tarp no. 14,
    #136) Custom Cuben poncho tarp no. 15,
    #137) Custom MLD packraft mid (because of COURSE packrafting requires a special tent),
    #138 2' x 1.5' custom cuben hexatarp (lightest hexatarp of all time- .0632 oz),
    #139 custom Pertex Falanofabric bivy (never released to the public),
    #140 custom 47 person spinnaker poncho bivy,
    #141 Eureka Zeus 4 (yeah- sorry about that),
    etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc….

I can only imagine…

That said, please let me know when you have a garage sale. Or a Tractor Trailer Truck sale, for that matter. I think I still have a little more space in my garage…

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

My wife and I just got done watching that video for the third time. Marvelous! The music is perfect and the comments toward the end are brilliant. So funny! Thanks for the great laugh and again, for a vision of how darn fun this will be to do with my son someday.

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

great article/video. Thanks for sharing!!

Carol Crooker
    BPL Member

@cmcrooker

Locale: Desert Southwest, USA

Chase – it's lucky you were along to keep your Dad in line. Maybe next time you can "encourage" him to do more of the paddling work instead of leaving most of it to you.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Ryan,
    Very nice job. Good to see parent/child trips like this on BPL…if that's not what it's all about, it's pretty close. Sorry to hear about the food, water, & whiskey.

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Perfect! What a fantastic kid you've got.

Enjoyed the video. Hard work. Mutiny threats.

Really liked the donuts

(belief in alternate realities that result in unusual happiness)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools