Topic

Microstove and 2oz cook kit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Microstove and 2oz cook kit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Decided I really did not need a big pot a lot of times, and a 12 oz Heineken can will hold 1.5 cups which is good for a lot of prepackaged food.

Similar setup as the other stove/kits I posted, but made out of 2 med/small hairspray cans. They are thick alum and pressurized with a inverse dome bottom. Other hair products come in them too. These were on sale for $3. This stove has 3 burner holes. Tried all sorts of hole configs from 3, 4, 6 etc (IE all the epoxy) and 3 seems to work best.

The ring is made from the top of the hairspray can. It makes the stove burn hotter.
    With this stand, the ring is okay for up to 1.5 tbsp of alcohol, but too hot for more than that.

The windscreen/stand is made from the top of a heineken can.

65dF h20, 75dF AT, sealevel.

Takes 1.4 tbsp of alcohol to prime it.
    Prime in the center.

5.5 min to boil 1 c of h20 with 1.5tbsp of alc.
    1tbsp of alc boils 1 cup hot enough for my tea or coffee.

+-8 min to boil 1.5 cups of h20 with 2.5 tbsp of alcohol. (most efficient at 1 cup.)

Pictures.

List of stuff
    Stand, 12oz pot, ring, stove, 1/2 microfiber towel, spork, lid – 2oz

Photobucket

Pot on stand/windscreen.

Photobucket

Packed. Everything goes inside. You would want another lid for the bottom to keep it from getting crushed.

Photobucket

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools