Topic

searching logs you out [aargh]

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support searching logs you out [aargh]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Beisner
    Spectator

@trtlrock

Locale: Blue Ridge

Using search seems to log you out. This makes it difficult to determine whether the unbelievably poor search results (see below) are due to not being logged in, or that search is broken.

Clicking "Log in" takes you to another page having nothing to do with the search you just executed, and then the whole cycle starts again.

"what socks" = 3 results
    "which socks" = 1 result
    "best socks" = 4 results

??

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I don't get logged out when doing a search. It does appear that the search page doesn't correctly display your login status but it doesn't actually log you out.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

John, I find the best search results can be found by using google and adding the "site:backpackinglight.com" modifier.

eg. what socks site:backpackinglight.com

Turns up some useful results. Much better than the BPL search engine, as is the case with pretty much every site-search on the internet!

John Beisner
    Spectator

@trtlrock

Locale: Blue Ridge

Thanks Ashley! That'll be my new plan…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools