Topic

Camp Games

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Warren Maslowski

@cqber

Locale: Southeast

I've been trying to think of things to do things after dinner but before bed (fun things). This has really been racking my brain, I have a 4 day backpacking trip coming up and I REALLY dont want to be bored in camp.

George Phoenix

@perrito

Locale: Joisey

Who are these games for? Adults or children?

Warren Maslowski

@cqber

Locale: Southeast

Well most of us are teenagers and there are going to be some adults

gavin wenyon

@gavin123

Cards? Deuces or thirteen, play for sticks and add a value to them.

video ipod if your desperate.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

There's always that old school game called "conversation".

Lori P
    BPL Member

@lori999

Locale: Central Valley

Snipe hunting?

Scavenger hunt? "who can find a lodgepole cone, moss, a poisonous mushroom, a lupine and a brook trout?"

Rock paper scissors Spock lizard?

cameron eibl

@cjeibl

Locale: San Diego

Cribbage (for 2), hearts, and Euchre (if you have 4 people). One deck of cards allows for allot of possibilities.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Grab some BPL mini dice…yahtzee is as addictive as heroin :)

Dean F.
    BPL Member

@acrosome

Locale: Back in the Front Range

Everyone knows how to play Uno. Everyone thinks it's lame, but then they always end up having fun when they play and get to screw their buddies with the 'skip' or 'draw 2' cards.

I'd be shocked to encounter a teenager who knows how to play yahtzee / euchre / cribbage / etc. (I'm a Hold 'Em man, myself.)

You need a sucker for snipe hunting. And it is best if they have a sense of humor. I can't see teenagers getting excited about a scavenger hunt- tweens or younger, maybe, but not teenagers.

Any of those card games that have been all the rage for the past couple of decades would work, too. Being an old coot, I've never played 'Magic:The Gathering', but I've played 'San Juan' and 'Munchkin', and I think they're fun. Both are rather complex, though, with a steep learning curve.

Also, everyone adult and teenager thinks a hacky-sack is fun for a limited time at least, but you need light. Also not fun in the rain. We take hacky-sacks to kill time on deployments or field exercises. (I'm in the army.)

On that subject, the card games popular in the army are Spades or Hearts. Hearts has the added benefit that you can screw your buddies, again. Always fun. Hearts is also easier to learn to play well than Spades.

Likewise a frisbee, or one of the packable/foldable versions thereof. Just tossing a frisbee back and forth gets old quick, but frisbee golf is entertaining for a while. But best with >1 frisbee. Also not good in the rain.

Ed Collyer

@ecollyer

Locale: East Bay Area

Finger Fencing, that game is fun and it warms you up when feeling chilled. You have two people facing each other. To start, do a handshake and loosly grip around the thumb, then stick you index finger out. Now try to "poke", "stab", the other person. The first person to get touched looses. Also you cannot just let go when you are about to be touched. There are some cool moves that you can do. The Spin Move works for me!

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Go into almost any store selling tourist junk, and you'll find a 35mm sized can with 6 mini-dice and the directions for a game called "Farkle" inside. Really fun game!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools