Topic

Adventure Racing Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DAVID FALING

@ypsiotter

Wanted to get into some adventure racing/minmalistic weekend hikes. Just wanted to get some thoughts or sugestions on a recomended pack size, features, style and brand ect. whats worked for you or your friends…apreciate any advice on packs or adventure racing gear in general. Thank you one and all!

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

The Osprey Talon series are very stable, lightish, and have great organization and accessibility to food and water. The 22 is the most useful size. I use mine for 2-3 day hikes, and overnight mountain bike trips.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I really dig the GoLite LiteSpeed pack. It's intended for adventure racing. It's really quick to open because it has a zip instead of a roll top. You can access stuff deep down in your bag pretty quickly. Another advantage is you can remove the internal frame to save 10oz or so. I found mine very comfortable w/o the frame.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

GoLite VO24?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools