Topic

UL meals?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Carter

@staind454

so I'm planning a thru-hike on the Long Trail. I'm considering buying dehydrated meals for dinners, but they're much more than I want to spend. Anyone have any ideas for inexpensive, easy to plan meals? I did meals for a two week trip and it took forever to make all of them…not something I really wanna do again. I've got one month till I start the trail so thats all the time I have to plan. I would also prefer not to clean my pot everyday too, so just add water would be preferable. Help!

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

If you have a food dehydrator start drying things like leftovers… chili, spaghetti sauce, soups and the like. They rehydrate quickly, are inexpensive and because you are cooking at home anyway – you reduce your workload by using leftovers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools