Topic

jmt exit strategies

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jonathan lorenz

@punkture

Locale: Northern California

does anyone have good references for exit routes from the jmt. I cant seem to find any good resources.

Charles Grier
    BPL Member

@rincon

Locale: Desert Southwest

Starr's "Guide to the John Muir Trail" lists just about all of the lateral trails connecting with the JMT, both east and west, and includes mileage and altitudes along the way. It also is a pretty good guide to the JMT itself.

jonathan lorenz

@punkture

I have starr's guide and I feel that it just gives a path and not an exact destination out. I was wondering if there was a resource that just listed the 21 exits?

I remember seeing a list online of actual locations and paths and where they lead in order to get out of JMT. Does anyone know if this exists?

George Phoenix

@perrito

Locale: Joisey

Elizabeth Wenk's book seems to have a nice description of the intersecting trails.

Chris Wheeler
    BPL Member

@chrisw

Locale: Stratford, Ontario
    jonathan lorenz

@punkture

awesome, thank you! new resource I havent found yet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools