Topic

MLD SuperLight Gaitor

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD SuperLight Gaitor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

Hi,

Is anyone using the MLD SuperLight Gaitor and if so what do you think? How do they compare to the Integral Designs shorties?

Thanks,

Jason

Paul Lippi

@ozniot

I have both and like the ID better. The MLD weighs less and I do prefer black over orange, but the ID is more foot-shaped, covers more shoe, and costs less. Neither design really keeps rain and snow off the top of your shoe.

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

I have the ID gaiter and love the instep patch. The instep string dies easily, however.

Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

I have the ID Gaitor and love it too but am going to convert it to using Velcro like the dirtygirlgaitor arrangement hopefully. The Keen Mid Height Targhee II boots I have wear through gaitor straps fast.

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

Thanks -looks like the ID ones are the way to go. I currently have some Inov-8 debri gaiters that are great, but am looking for something else for very wet/muddy conditions (e.g. New Zealand's Stewart Island:).

John Frederick Anderson
    BPL Member

@fredfoto

Locale: Spain

Hi,
    I have the Inov8 and the long MLD gaitors- both work really well for their different conditions.
    Since the strings broke- I use fuse wire to hold them in place. Lasts a long time and weighs nothing.
    cheers,
    fred

Turley
    BPL Member

@turley

Locale: So Cal

I've used the ID Shortie Gaiters over the last couple of years in the PNW and love them. Unlike other gaiters I tried previously, they breathe extremely well and my ankles get little if any condensation. The instep patch increases durability IMO, and as others have noted the cord wears quickly – but it's an easy fix.

Matthew Steingass
    BPL Member

@steingass

Locale: Washington

I bought this gaitor in a large and sewed velcro to the heel portion so I could attach them to my inov8s like the dirty girl gaitors. I didn't cut off the grommets for the under shoe straps, since I plan on using them in winter too, because they probably won't stretch down to the heel of the mid height goretex inov8s I want to snowshoe with. Here's the LINK.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools