Topic

Sealskinz

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Sealskinz

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Tucker
    BPL Member

@beartoothtucker

Anyone tried sealskinz with some lw sandal to get out away from the banks in high mountain lakes? Just trying to figure out how to get away from the banks to allow a back cast. Most lakes are somewhat shallow with rocky bottoms.

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Locale: South East

I've used seakskinz for a couple of backpacking trips…and I would not consider them waterproof, but merely water resistant. More than a few moments in standing water and I experienced spots of soak through. I would consider a lightweight neoprene sock like the Neosock…I've had much better results from these. Truly waterproof breathable socks – I don't think they exist.

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I have found sealskinz ok so long as you keep the water below the tops. They are no good if the water goes over the top. I haven't used the neosocks, but the idea is sound. The other option would be something like dan bailey's hippers or bare bones waders.

–mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools