Topic

We Don’t Sew… We Make Gear…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear We Don’t Sew… We Make Gear…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gary Boyd

@debiant

Locale: Mid-west

I found this on you tube, and I liked the title. This series was made for a website called hammockforums.net, but it's actually very educational, or was for me as I just got a hold of a sewing machine. This is definitely for us beginners, but anyone just starting out making gear (newbies) might learn something from this series:

YouTube video

Cesar Garcia
    BPL Member

@crgowo

Locale: Desert SW

Im on part 9. They do seem informational but the picture quality makes it hard to see the thread in the seams he shows the camera. I borrowed my mothers sewing machine to try and sew a hammock to see how I liked it before spending 100$ on one plus more for a tarp.

Gary Boyd

@debiant

The picture quality could have been a lot better, but I did enjoy the information, as I'm very much a novice with a sewing machine. My first attempt to thread the bobbin took about an hour and involved long strings of foul language.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> My first attempt to thread the bobbin took about an hour and involved long strings of foul language.

I am curious – how did you manage to get the long strings onto the bobbin?

cheers

Gary Boyd

@debiant

That was the entirety of the problem there Roger, turns out you're supposed to use thread… who knew?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools