Topic

Big Sky Revolution 2P or 3P?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Big Sky Revolution 2P or 3P?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Cameron Semple

@cams

Locale: Brisbane, Australia

Interesting. The Scarp 2 is high on my list aswell but the lower weight of the Big Sky options is appealing.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

If you're really worried about availability, you may want to order from a Big Sky vendor instead of directly from Big Sky. It may work out both ways, but a vendor should have the products on their shelf before they sell it to you, whereas Big Sky may build it for you once you order. I'd guess that you'd expect a big delay directly from Big Sky if you ordered their brand new breathable cuben fiber Mirage 2 with carbon fiber poles.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

breathable cuben
    Really ?

drowning in spam

@leaftye

He showed a breathable cuben fiber Mirage 2 with carbon poles at the OR show. It's in one of the BPL articles that covered the show. I guess MLD has been talking about it for a while too. I knew it was coming from another good source, but I didn't think it'd be publicly available until sometime next year at the earliest.

You have to talk Henry into using that stuff asap.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Eugene
    The impression I got from a guy that saw that BS shelter in Europe was that it was made with standard Cuben not a "breathable" type.
    Maybe it was meant to be "this is what it would look like if it were available"
    Franco

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Franco, did you see the BPL OR show coverage? The new Big Sky tent has regular cuben (green in color) in a lot of areas and then breathable cuben (grey in color) in the areas where the tent is a single wall.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

It's possible that it was a "fake" tent for the show, but Cubictech has been working on breathable cuben and both Cubictech and Big Sky are in the same city. They also shared a site at the PCT kickoff where they had 3 cuben shelters. I believe it was a Mirage 1P, Revolution 1P and a Wisp. They said breathable cuben was extremely desirable because it would allow them to seal up tents in sandstorms and not suffocate. It doesn't surprise me at all to see that Big Sky is the first to show a product with this fabric considering the affiliation and need. Then there's the Let-it-por fabric listed as an option on the Big Sky web store. It has to be cuben since they list Super-sil as a lighter version of silnylon and Let-it-por as an even lighter option. Also, Hrxxlight.com confirms that Let-it-por and breathable cuben are the same.

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Locale: store.picharpak.com

Hi all,

The Rev2p i order the shipping is quit quick around 1month. Last Sat was the first time using this tent, yes it is compact and light weight.

Like to know what is the ideal wind speed does this tent can stand? as it just broken already! The Tent was set up under 18knots wind for 20hrs, one of the connection loop break.

the tent
    Rev2P tent.

Where it breaks!
    Rev2p break a
    Rev2p break b
    Rev2p break c

Ground sheet also got damaged…
    Rev2p break d

i also attach a video here

YouTube video

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools