Topic

Aquaguard products

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Aquaguard products

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    George Phoenix

@perrito

Locale: Joisey

http://www.drinksafe-systems.co.uk/products.php

Does anyone here have any experience with these products? I heard a review of the Travel Tap on the March 12, 2009 "The Outdoors Station" podcast.

The "Aquaguard Eliminator Inline Hydration Filter and Purifier" looks interesting….

Any thoughts?

Richard Mueller
    Spectator

@richca

Locale: Western USA

I have no experience with the Aquaguard Eliminator Inline Filter and Purifier. It does look like an interesting product. This product looks similar to the Seychelle Inline Filter Advanced. The Seychelle Inline Filter claims to remove bacteria, protozoa, and viruses. It also has a carbon element to remove unpleasant tastes and odors and iodinated resin. I'd like to know if anybody has had experience with this filter, the flow rate, etc.?

Frank Marioney

@franaconda

I faithfully read reviews of as many water purification devices as possible before choosing this one for my adventures trekking in the Himalayan mountains. From the very start it leaked at the filter housing. After passing no more than 10 liters of water, it completely stopped passing liquid. When I returned the product, the manager Giles Butler initially agreed that it was a "faulty product" and offered to replace or refund it. However after weeks went by without a refund or replacement, I contacted him twice more. Finally he told me that it was "poor customer application." He said that there was too much sediment, however I used this system to filter mountain spring water from a hose! And when this broke I used chlorine drops and did not consume any sediment! Now I'm left without a filter (broken or not) or a refund.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

More like "Poor customer service".

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools