Topic

Lip Guard for Metal Cup

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Lip Guard for Metal Cup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

LipGuardProduction
    LipguardComplete
    The reduced volume and weight of using a small titanium pot and tea light or Super Gram Weenie stove is a big plus but the giant drawback has been blistering hot lips on the first few sips of java or tea. I saw a manufactured lip guard that fits over the top of the mug a while back but haven’t been successful in finding it recently. Hence this homemade job out of a plastic coffee can lid.

The dark color will surely cause this to go missing in camp. I have a bright green lid to use on the next project. I folded the plastic and then cut out this oval guard. After cutting it out, I molded it using hot steam from a tea kettle.

Gary Boyd

@debiant

Locale: Mid-west

I'm just stuck on the very fancy table upon which this very unfancy setup rests :P Very nice, I've been looking for a one or two gram lip guard for my heiny pot, may have to give this a try.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi John

Personally, I prefer a plastic cup for the obvious reasons, but I must say I am impressed by your use of hot steam to mould the plastic around the edge of the Ti cup. Very neat, thank you.

Cheers

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

Locale: SouthEast

I've been struggling with this issue with my SP600. I'm currently using a silicone bracelet which is working fine. I like that your solution is clever and about as light as its going to get. How does it work protecting your lip?

Anonymous
    Inactive

is still in question. I will let you know tomorrow if I can remember to drink my coffee out of it. Thanks all for your comments. My wife pointed out that the beverage might slurp out the ends of the guard and down the from of my shirt after drinking down to about the half full level.

I guess Don, the bracelet fits the 600 O.K. or you wouldn't use it? I thought any container with a bigger diameter than the Heiny would be too large for a silicone bracelet. I'll try this on my 550.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools