Topic

Goat Lake, Henry M Jackson Wilderness, Washington State

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Goat Lake, Henry M Jackson Wilderness, Washington State

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

Well we wanted to get away from just river hiking and stumbled across this 10 mile round trip hike in the northern cascades. Got a little bit of water slapping practice with my new fly pole, some camping and overall good weather with some actual views. Did I mention this short trail was infested with day hikers, a nightmare to find parking… but overall was an excellent mild hike with great views. I got some testing done on my newly modified Golite Ion pack, and it will now be my go to pack for everything from dayhikes, fishing trips, overnighters to weeklong trips. If you want more info on the pack mods check out the MYOG section on my blog or the MYOG forum here there is a post.

Enough blabbing, if you want more pictures or more info just visit my blog post via the link below.
    Jared's Adventure Blog

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

What a nice spot; thanks for your report and pics Jared. I'll bet your pack was smaller than those of some of the day hikers.

Boy, do I miss the Cascades.

Cheers,

Rick

Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

I know I was so surprised how much stuff some dayhikers were carrying. I was mistaken as a day hiker several times, but it was a great trip, now I'm just waiting for the snow level to keep climbing so I can start on my list of summer hikes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools