Topic

Golite Reed Pant owners…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Golite Reed Pant owners…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

I can't let the golite sale end without buying something, and I'm looking at the Reed rain pants. Only size L and XL are left, and I'm a 33 waist, 34 inseam. (L is listed at 34-37 waist, 32.5 inseam, XL is 37-40 waist, 33 inseam).

I'm about to order large is best, but thought I'd see how true to size owner's think these are before ordering.

Which would you get?

Thomas Tait

@islandlite

Locale: Colorado

I wear a 33 waist 34 inseam too and I have a pair of medium. They fit over hiking pants and jeans easily and have plenty of length.

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

I just ordered the large… and some extra tent stakes and an Ion. I just couldn't resist.

Dean F.
    BPL Member

@acrosome

Locale: Back in the Front Range

I think you made the correct choice. I'm a 36 or 38 waist (depending upon my recent level of willpower), and had heard that GoLite runs small, so I got an XL, and it is kinda baggy.

Andrew Lush
    BPL Member

@lushy

Locale: Lake Mungo, Mutawintji NPs

I'm a 34 w and a 36 inseam and I have a pair in the Large size. They fit me really well.

BUT: the right leg leaks like a sieve.

The other day I was under my tarp and it was really raining hard. I slipped on my Reeds to go about my normal camp duties only to end up with a very damp right leg for the rest of the night.

Maybe I will have to seam seal them…

Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

Locale: Richmond, Virginia

@andrew

they are taped inside. i'm not home, but i'm almost 100% about that. I used mine last weekend and didn't have any issues.

to the OP, i'm a 33" waist 34" inseem. I ordered L and M and the mediums were just too snug over pants and i went with the Large. They're a bit big but better than too tight i guess.

Good luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools