Topic

noseeum mesh & silnylon in the Pacific Northwest?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear noseeum mesh & silnylon in the Pacific Northwest?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Mulholland
    BPL Member

@dools009

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Does anyone know where you can buy either noseeum mesh or silnylon in the pacific northwest? I live in the bellingham area but can head toward seattle if it is necessary. Thanks!

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

You can buy it online from Quest Outfitters or Thru-Hiker.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

If you actually want to buy it "semi-locally" head down to seattle fabrics in seattle. It's off of Aurora just north of the Norgate Mall exit. And very shortly past the Jack in the box on Aurora if you take the northgate mall exit. It's a small greenish building with a small sign, I don't think there is a big sign along the road. Which is why I drive past it a couple times everytime I have gone there. They aren't the cheapest and since you live so far north you might want to consider mail order through the internet… I generally mail order it unless I know I'll be in the seattle area.

Brendan Mulholland
    BPL Member

@dools009

thanks guys, i think im just going to pick it up online seeing as that seems to be the simpliest option given my location way up north.

do any of you guys have experience with the ray-way net-tent? i was looking at building one (im headed off for a year to hike through central america and am looking for a two-person, fully-sealed, lightweight bug net to keep out the crawlies and i havent been able to find anything commercially available that fits the bill (which I found quite surprising). Im hoping to set up the net tent under a ID 8 x 10 sil tarp but am wondering if the 4 tie outs that connect to the corners of the net tent to give it its vertical walls are more hassle than they are worth.

hope you all are enjoying a beautiful weekend!

Brendan Mulholland
    BPL Member

@dools009

another quick question for anyone that has sewn or used the ray way net tent. Im 6'2" and wondering if it is worth buying the 12" extension kit to increase total length from 81" to 93" and wondering if you guys have found that necessary?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools