Topic

40% Off Golite

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 40% Off Golite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Jay Campbell

@gohawks

Locale: SE Iowa

In for 1 ultra 20.

My wife is gonna kill me.

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

Same here – an Ultra 20 and a wife who's going to kill me!!!!

Patrick Caulder
    BPL Member

@pcaulder

Locale: SouthEast

Thanks Sam for posting this. As of yesterday the codes still worked because I went back for round two.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

Dan,

Why not get an online retailer, such as http://www.frontcountry.com to price match the golite sale?

Jay Campbell

@gohawks

Moosejaw would not price match when I tried. Normally moosejaw will price match but denied me based on not matching promotional codes. I wanted the reward points from them.

Other retailers are certainly worth a try.

Has anyone got shipping confirmation? I haven't.

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

If wife kicks me out at least I'll have a warm place to sleep!!!

M G
    BPL Member

@drown

Locale: Shenandoah

I got UPS tracking codes for both my quilt and my Gust windshirt within 24hrs from ordering them of Friday.

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

I ordered on Friday and got a receipt with order number but now shipping info yet either. I'm having trouble emailing them at the moment, as either their contact page or my browser is being wonky.

What might have happened is that we ordered faster than their inventory system could keep up with, and so some of us ordered something that was actually out of stock? That may be why the shipping is being held up.

Patrick Caulder
    BPL Member

@pcaulder

I ordered a long ultra 20 quilt Thursday, and received shipping information Friday. Went back and ordered a shrang-li yesterday, but haven't got anything on it yet except the receipt.

George Phoenix

@perrito

Locale: Joisey

I called earlier today and was told that "on the e-mail announcing the sale and code, that their normal same day shipping didn't apply to this sale…"

I then got my "shipping info received" notification this evening.

Brendan Mulholland
    BPL Member

@dools009

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Just got an ion using the promo codes, the sale must be extended

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

The original sale is good through Friday 6/12 at 11:59 PM. It hasn't been extended beyond that as far as I know.

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

Ordered an regular length Ultra 20 on Friday, confirmation for delivery received for tomorrow….May jump on a Shangrila as well before they are gone.

Jay Campbell

@gohawks

CS said shipment from warehouse could take up to a week.

It seems those that got in early avoided the bombardment that likely took place later in the weekend.

I notice that backcountrygear.com has the ultra 20 at a steep discount as well.

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

Edit: Just got my shipping confirm. Should be here for the weekend.

Thanks for callinh, Jay. I was probably going to do it this morning, but what you found confirmed my suspicions . . . we just overwhelmed them. I really wish companies could update you when your order isn't going to ship immediately. Lack of info is what ticks people off.

Jay Campbell

@gohawks

woohoo!

Michael campbell

@jahga

Locale: brooklyn

thank you! needed some light raingear!

Gary Boyd

@debiant

Locale: Mid-west

I can't believe I missed this!

Jay Campbell

@gohawks

I got the ultra 20 quilt during the sale. Its nice but I think I'm going to stick with the BA sleep system. I will sell it to you for what I have in it if interested.

Gary Boyd

@debiant

I would like to do this, how should I contact you? What size did you get?

Jay Campbell

@gohawks

It literally just sold on ebay.

go to http://www.backcountrygear.com

They have it for $157.50 w/free shipping. That's not too shabby.

Gary Boyd

@debiant

I placed my order and got a Montbell Breeze with the 20% off discount coupon you posted. Appreciate that as well. Not a shabby haul for the price.

Patrick Caulder
    BPL Member

@pcaulder

All my stuff has come in now. The Yellow color on the shelters is more toned down that what it looks like online. I'm kind of glad though, honestly. Anyway I am very happy with everything thanks to the OP for the information about the sale.

Mike Klinefelter
    Spectator

@mjkline

Locale: Southern California

I noticed that mikeinfhaz is trying to resell the Ultra he picked up for $135 at the Golite sale. He's got it posted at Practical backpacking for $175. Guess he's not posting here since he figures everyone knew what he bought it for.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

"I noticed that mikeinfhaz is trying to resell the Ultra he picked up for $135 at the Golite sale. He's got it posted at Practical backpacking for $175. Guess he's not posting here since you figures everyone knew what he bought it for."

and you find it necessary to point that out? so, whats your point, smart guy?

a) if you missed the sale, but still want a quilt im offering it at a small gain for myself (~$20), and not trying to hide that fact. yet, the price im asking is still $50 below retail.

b) the quilt i recieved had a completely, totally empty baffle. nice work, china! fortunatly, it was sent to me instead of someone who would have to send it back, unless they had sewing skills and some extra down handy. I filled the chamber with similar down, and sewed it shut in an un-noticable, professional manner.

c) what I got for my $145 was a quilt with an empty baffle. if you dont want my quilt, dont buy it.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools