Topic

40% Off Golite

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 40% Off Golite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

To celebrate National Trails Day, Golite is providing 40% off

TAKE 30% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER ON golite.com

Enter coupon code GLNTD09 at checkout.

Reward yourself with an additional 10% by entering coupon code GLNTD09VOL at checkout, for a total of 40% OFF YOUR ORDER!

Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

is the a start and end date for this sale?

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Offer valid Thursday 6/4/09 12:00 AM through Friday 6/12/09 11:59 PM.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

This is a sick deal….kinda weird how there's 2 coupon codes though. It seems like you gotta enter the first one, hit update cart and then enter the 2nd one and update the cart again.

I gotta give em a call about shipping to Canada. Time to load up with some new sleeping bags and packs for my wife and I.

Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

hopefully what i want is left on payday tomorrow…

Chad Mason
    Spectator

@porch13

Locale: Arizona

It doesn't look like I can buy shoes online…..am I missing something?

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

got an ultra 20 for $135

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

>It doesn't look like I can buy shoes online…..am I missing something?

Timberland owned GoLite shoes, and now they've sold the shoe brand to New England shoes.

Wish there was something I needed from Golite…….

George Phoenix

@perrito

Locale: Joisey

Thanx! My wife spent triple what I did!

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

I cant find a way to get that last 10% discount at checkout. There's not another box that lets me plug in the second code that Sam sugested. What's up?

Scott White

@sdwhitey

Locale: Smoky Mountains

just type it in the same place you typed the first code (you have to erase the first code when you do this) and then update your cart.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Just got Ridge Shorts and a Hex/Shangri-la Floor & shipping for $62.00-NICE!!!!!

Ultralite Hiker
    Spectator

@ultralite

I have been looking for a 3 person shelter with a floor, that pitches without trekking poles. The bigger the better while staying under a reasonable weight (we backpack with two 40 pound dogs). Would anyone recommend any of the GoLite shelters?

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

This sale is a really bummer for Canadians like me. I was so stoked to grab new bags and packs for my wife and I, but it turns out Canadians are totally screwed.

They won't ship to Canada and even when I offered a USA shipping address they said no because they don't take Canadian credit cards. That sounds like B.S. to me because credit cards should work anywhere in the world.

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

>I have been looking for a 3 person shelter with a floor, that pitches without trekking poles. The bigger the better while staying under a reasonable weight (we backpack with two 40 pound dogs). Would anyone recommend any of the GoLite shelters?

Yep, any of the Shangri-La series. They come with adjustable poles. If "we" is two people, plus two dogs, I would recommend either the 3 or 4 person models. I have a Shangri-La 3 and it could fit two people and two small dogs, but only if the dogs didn't fidget too much.

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

Yep, I tried to order some stuff too from UK. No go.

I won't buy any more of Golite's stuff if they want to exclude the worldwide backpacking community.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

man, that sucks. STP does ship internationally, and they carry GoLite. you may find something you want over there.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

I've got a local shop that sells GoLite….they just aren't doing the 40% off deal.

I'm really surprised GoLite doesn't ship worldwide via their website. There's just so much profit in it for them. For any old $100 item, GoLite likely manufacturers it for about $25 and then they sell it to retailers for $50, who then mark it to $100. That's standard retail margins.

So if someone buys directly from GoLite instead of via a dealer, GoLite stands to make $75 on this $100 item instead of $25. That's huge! Even with the 40% off sale, GoLite is still making more money than they would if we purchased via a dealer.

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

Not at a 40% discount though Hugh.

Anyway, gear swap to the rescue. :-)

I guess I shouldn't be too hard on Golite. After all, the discount is to celebrate National trails day, which is a US event, not a worldwide one.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

yes, sometimes more. but you have to keep a watch, they dont carry recent newest hippest items but last year's closeouts, etc..

the shoes that cannot be purchased from GoLite can be found at STP, for 50% off. sadly, most styles have sold out but these: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,1130U_GoLite-Spike-Trail-Running-Shoes-For-Men.html are still left. if you enter the phrase "wife carrying contest" in the instructions box @ checkout, you get free shipping. Im not sure if international qualifies.
    i got a wisp windshirt there last year for $12
    some base layer soft shell shirt for $40 that retailed for $200.
    you just have to keep your eyes peeled. im curious, after this sale if GoLite wont send any extra '08 models of the Ultra to STP. Its worth checking into.

edward gibbs

@ejasongibbs

Does anyone here own a Golite Spectre or Phantasm jacket?

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

For 40% of, I can finally experiment with a poncho/tarp system, not to mention the Reed, pants, 2 running shirts, and Ridge Runners shorts I also picked up. I was being so good, too. Looked at the Quest pack and Ultra 20 quilt for winter camping but decided I'd be happier with a ULA catalyst and JRB No Sniveler in the long run.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Hmm….STP does have some good deals. They have the Litespeed for 35-45% off. Maybe if the Ultra 20 makes it there I'll place an order.

Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

Thanks Sam! I got a Golite Ion for 30 bucks and also the Poncho/Tarp for 30 bucks.

Like a previous poster, I can experiment with a poncho/tarp on the cheap now. Worst case is I sell it on the swap :-)

Oh yeah, got a visor too hehe.

Ultralite Hiker
    Spectator

@ultralite

So do you have any experience with the Utopia 4 or the Xanadu 4?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools