Topic

Advice on 7 day trip in the western US

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Advice on 7 day trip in the western US

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cameron eibl

@cjeibl

Locale: San Diego

Where would you go in the Western US for 7 days? I am thinking of the Wind River range in WY. This is just backpacking and not a climbing trip.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I would go to either Glacier National Park or the Paysaten Wilderness.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

How about a section of the High Sierra Route?

Zack Karas
    BPL Member

@iwillchopyouhotmail-com

Locale: Lake Tahoe

Since you already mentioned the Winds, then I would recommend hiking into Titcomb basin and basing your self there. Or hike the CDT route through there and base in Titcomb for a day or two in the middle of the trek. That area is unreal.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

The Lost Coast is always a great if not excellent adventure! Can easily be done in 7 days.

cameron eibl

@cjeibl

Locale: San Diego

Thank you all for your advice.

sheila o
    BPL Member

@bumpass

Locale: The Far Left Coast? : /

Ditto on the LOST COAST….awesome!! Just did it last week but in 3-4 days. Most people do it 4 days and 3 nights. Nothing like hiking and hearing the ocean the whole time.

Nate Meinzer

@rezniem

Locale: San Francisco

One trip I thought would be fun would be starting at Climber's Bivouac at the base of Mt. St. Helens then loop around the Mountain, up to Rainier, around it on the Wonderland trail then over to Goat Rocks Wilderness then back to Mt. St. Helens. Could definitely be done in a week, but would need long/hard days….three different and amazingly beautiful landscapes.

(I don't know that Lost Coast would occupy you for 7 days…just my 2 cents).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools