Topic

Friendly Lizard on the AT

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Friendly Lizard on the AT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

During a rest break near McAfee Knob on the AT, a friendly lizard came over and talked to me for a while.

friend

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi George

He wasn't talking, he was scrounging!
    You weren't eating a boiled egg at the time by any chance?

Cheers

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

How big was that lizard and do you have any idea what it is? I've seen several of those in my yard, but they were no longer than my pinky. I've tried to research what it is but I haven't been able to find anything about it.

Peter Atkinson
    BPL Member

@peterbob

Locale: Yorkshire, England

… western fence lizard?

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Roger: No boiled egg. Honey sesame sticks, walnuts, raisins.

Was a large, sloping rock surface I was sitting on. A small wood platform was below me. I watched a lizard crawl halfway across the wood platform, stop, and then do what looked like push ups (lifting itself with its front legs). I slowly walked around behind it. It crawled quickly across and towards another lizard. Not sure what lizard stayed afterwards.

JGG: Not pinkie sized – head to tail would be longer than a hand.

PA: I looked up fence lizard. This one seemed to look like its scales were smooth, not jagged.

Don't know if the two lizards were mating or two different ones fighting. Only one of the two stayed near by looking like it was talking.

See pictures posted next…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools