Topic

Utah (i15 towards Salt Lake) June 5

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Utah (i15 towards Salt Lake) June 5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

My wife and I are driving to SLC, Utah on business via California up the i15. We are going 5 days early to do some backpacking. We plan on using a car camping spot as base and doing short 1-2 nighters into hiking areas.

I have never hiked in Utah and would like some tips from anyone with a savvy in these areas. I would like the car camp base to be within 1-2 hours drive off the i15. A good wilderness experience is preferred to Yosemite Half Dome circus.

I've been looking into areas near St. George and Cedar City, but would go for anything between there and Salt Lake.

BTW, we are both experienced backpackers, she can do about 15miles/day, I go SUL and about 25-30 on my own, but we are looking for about 10-12miles/day for this trip.

Info on permits would be great too if required.

Thanks!

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Bump…are there any Utah hikers on this site? Or hikers at all? :-)

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Naaa…
    Just guns, taxes, smoking, and upper body conditioning…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools