Topic

MYOG: Fabric Freezer Bag Cozy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG: Fabric Freezer Bag Cozy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JR Redding

@grinchmt

I really wanted to post this guide on here but the images and lack of text effects makes it kind of cumbersome so I am putting a link here to the original article posted on Long Trail Hiking.

http://www.longtrailhiking.info/end2end/preparation/40-food/153-myog-freezer-bag-cozy.html

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

It behooves anyone cutting Insul Bright to not have children or animals in the room. If also cutting large amounts they should cover their face. The Mylar shreds and can be inhaled. As well, the poly on the outside is a floater. It will float down onto counters, floors and needs to be cleaned up after.

Otherwise Insul Bright is a great fabric. It is made in the US.

JR Redding

@grinchmt

It's been my general observation that if you cut Insul Bright with a rotary cutter one time, there shouldn't be any shreds of any kind. Same as with scissors as long as you are using proper fabric scissors that are sharp. Dull scissors will cause a jagged cut and tiny shreds.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools