Topic

Travel Light Eat Heavy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Travel Light Eat Heavy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    scott burgeson

@drdystopia

Locale: Upstate NY

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this book? It is out of print and the author is no where to be found.

I have been searching for awhile and no one seems to have a copy.

How does copyright work for something that is out of print and unobtainable?

–scott

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Just because a book is out of print does not mean that International Copyrights are no longer valid. As long as the author is alive the copyright is in place. Under current North American and International Copyright Law there is nothing stating that a work must be in print and available for sale in order for rights to still be valid.

Hope that helps.

You might want to try eBay or Amazon for a used copy of the work.

Robert Blean
    BPL Member

@blean

Locale: San Jose -- too far from Sierras

Do you know the author and ISBN?

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

The author was Backpacking Light member Bill McCartney. I just checked his profile to see if he had allowed for PM contact but that isn't the case.

The ISBN information is as follows…

ISBN-10: 0615129110
    ISBN-13: 978-0615129112

Publisher was the Gray House Press. Give me a few minutes and I will see if Gray House is listed in my current copy of the Writer's Market.

Edited to add: Couldn't find a listing for them. Sorry – was worth a shot.

Michael Crosby
    BPL Member

@djjmikie

Locale: Ky
    Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I just ordered a copy from a very nice woman who owns a bookstore in the home town where the author lives. She said it is a reprint of the first edition, and she just got them today. Price is $17.76 plus $1.50 handling, plus shipping (which is 2.38 to Washington) – total $21.64.

Deb Laslie
    http://www.debsbookstore.com
    Deb's Bookstore
    207 3rd Street SW
    Cullman, AL 35055
    256-736-2622

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

That's awesome news Kathleen. I'll have to order a copy for my collection… after all, one can never have enough cookbooks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools