Topic

Help loop west of Denver or Colorado Springs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Help loop west of Denver or Colorado Springs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tony Fleming
    BPL Member

@tonyfleming

Locale: Midwest

I'm looking for a 20-25 mile loop West of Denver or Colorado Springs to hike on Memorial day weekeend. I'm driving over from flat Independence Missouri, and need some mountain air.

Tony

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

There's a great 24 mile loop just southwest of Denver or northwest of Colorado Springs in the Lost Creek Wilderness. Get a Trails Illustrated #105 map. Park at the Goose Creek Trailhead and hike the loop counterclockwise north on the Goose Creek Trail, west and then south on the McCurdy Park Trail, south on the Lake Park Trail and east on the Hankins Pass trail. You may need to do some postholing in the upper sections of the loop as you approach 11,000'. There are other 20-25 mile loops in the LCW at a lower elevation but this one is, IMO, the most scenic.

Tony Fleming
    BPL Member

@tonyfleming

Locale: Midwest

Thanks Dondo,

I will check it out. That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.

Tony

kyle davis

@fta

Locale: mn, co

lost creek is a great area definatly check it out.

Jens Aarnaes
    BPL Member

@finnmark

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Why counter clockwise?

I am heading up there this weekend and planned on going clockwise.

Thank you!

Richard Matthews

@food

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I prefer to hike it from the Hankins Pass side, but the McCurdy Park Trail is north facing and I would want to get stopped going up it rather than going down.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools