Topic

poncho vs rainsuit and packcover

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) poncho vs rainsuit and packcover

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Allison Sayre

@teamalli

Locale: PNW

I use a packa. They are awesome, only 11oz. http://www.thepacka.com

Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

See this thread for the 5 oz cuben fiber parcho

Rick Cheehy

@kilgoretrout2317

Locale: Virginia

Just for clarity, it was literally flooding (and I'm from Texas so I've seen a couple floods) at the site and GSMNP makes you camp at designated sites soooo. If I was in my personal NP Shennadoah we would of kept walking.
    I'm starting to think: umbrella, pack liner, chaps, leather biker hat.
    Oh and this thread is much more fun if you insert the words Minnie-skirt instead of poncho and chaps.

Rick Cheehy

@kilgoretrout2317

Locale: Virginia

UL Mad Libbs

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Diane, I guess I have a Parcho and didn't even know it! Years ago I bought a poncho put out by Western Trails from Bend Oregon…I don't think they're around any more. Anyway, it's 43" wide at the body, narrow enough so that gusting wind wasn't a problem, and 61" at the arms with several snaps down each side to adjust for ventilation. When unsnapped and unfolded it's 96" long, which made it perfect for ground cloth use and just ok for a tarp, as it was a bit narrow. Well, over the years the urathane delaminated, and I tried to resurect it by using a water based tent floor coating sold by REI, which ruined it, because it dries hard and boardy, not flexible. So I'm greatful to Roleigh for his cuben Parcho idea. I think I'll send off mine to be used as a pattern for one made of cuben or silnylon!

Nate Meinzer

@rezniem

Locale: San Francisco

I can almost fit my DriDucks Small over myself and my Jam2….almost.

Granted, I'm somewhat on the small side (5'8", 150) but I think a xxxxxL or whatever is the largest they sell would definitely do the trick.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools