Topic

Inov-8 Roclite 315 Sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Inov-8 Roclite 315 Sizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Zuniga

@gliden2

Locale: Northwest

Im going to be buying a pair of Inov-8 Roclite 315's and was wondering if anyone sized up when purchasing these? I have seen here and on and other reviews that many users sized up a half to full size on these and other models-I have narrow feet so im thinking of just going up just the half size-what is your experience?
    Thanks Aaron

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

hey Aaron
    I norm wear a 11.5 and a 12 works perfectly for me in the 315's

Aaron Zuniga

@gliden2

Hey Jonathan,
    Thanks for your advice-Now im off to order them!

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

Almost alll online shoe stores are free shipping both ways, so order 2 sizes and compare.

Aaron Zuniga

@gliden2

I just got mine today and the half size I went up is PERFECT! Just enough room to add a liner sock in colder conditions-Cant wait to get out on the trail and try them out-11 oz per shoe on my scale*Much different feel then Golite Sun Dragons or Trail Flys that ive been wearing for the last couple of years;the toe box is really narrow on the Roclite 315 in comparison to the Golites-Anyone had any problems with the narrow toe box?

Later

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

Aaron,

I'm currently comparing various Inov-8 shoes, the 315, Flyroc 310, Terroc 330 and Roclite 295. I'm finding the 315 toebox to be a little too narrow and not tall enough for my fat and tall toes. the 330 and the 295 toeboxes are much more spacious. They also have a somewhat similar underfoot feel to the 315's, whereas the flyrocs are much flatter underfoot. But I've only worn them around my apt so far.

Aaron Zuniga

@gliden2

That sounds like quit the shoe closet James! Yeah it feels like my toes might be a little sore after a big mile day due the directing of my toes inward from the slim toebox, but hopefully it wont be too discomforting or an issue.It doesn't feel bad as I walk around my house but only miles will tell the true story.

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

I didn't know I had a semi-local retailer (not listed on their site) so I'm taking advantage of the free shipping both ways at runningwarehouse. I'm only keeping one pair. Maybe two.

Aaron Zuniga

@gliden2

So which ones are you gonna keep?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools