Topic

NorCal winter trails?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips NorCal winter trails?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Steve Young

@shakeylegs

Between downpours, we’ve had beautiful weather in northern California. Sunny days reach the high 50’s and clear nights dip to the low 30’s. Is anyone backpacking the coastal or inner-coastal mountains of Northern California this time of year? Any trail recommendations for winter-spring trails sans skis and snowshoes?

I’ve read a few articles about the Red Bud Trail along Cache Creek between Clear Lake and Woodland. Spring visits are touted for the abundant wildfowers, historic Indian sites and one of the largest remaining bald eagle habitats. Here in Napa Valley, spring arrives in 2-3 weeks so I’ll try to visit the Red Bud soon. My one concern is the lake county “wildlife”. I don’t want to stumble across a meth lab or pot farm.
    Perhaps I should add some ultralight ceramic body armor to the kit.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools