Topic

Video podcasts?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jane McMichen

@jmcmichen

Locale: Maine, DownEast Coast

Do any of you like to watch podcasts or other videos of places you've never been? Say a trail you're either thinking about hiking someday or know you'll never get the chance to see?

I would love to see more video podcasts, but they seem to be few and far between. So far, I haven't found any for "off pavement" types of places – or at least not that aren't mostly about the person doing the walking rather than about the place they're visiting. Anybody know of a good source?

I'm thinking about creating a few video podcasts this summer about the places here on the coast of Maine where I usually hike. If there's any interest I'll post links when they're done.

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Jane, I'd be interested in this. Do you have any now?

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Jane,

The coast of Maine is a beautiful place! Podcasts would be a great idea!

Acadia National Park, Maine

Jane McMichen

@jmcmichen

Locale: Maine, DownEast Coast

Hi Jason and Michael,

No, I don't have any videos yet. It's an idea I've wondered about – whether or not anyone would be interested, so I'd know if I should invest a few hundred bucks in a camcorder stabilizer. Sounds like I should. And then of course an HD camcorder when Santa loves me…. :-)

I'm definitely looking for videos of other places and thought maybe someone else would be too. You're right about the coast of Maine being beautiful. Everything from bogs to blueberry barrens to rocky shores. I feel lucky to live here. Great picture, btw. Where did you take it? Bruce and I went walking today on the Bold Coast Trail in Cutler and it looks a lot like that. Here's a pic from last year.
    Cutler Trail 2008

If I can get my videos started this summer I'll send you a download link. Thanks for the support!

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Hi Jane,

The picture I posted is looking southeast along the shore of Mt. Dessert Island, Acadia National Park. I believe it was a little east of Sand Beach area. The trail runs along the rocky bluffs above the ocean. The rocks below are that size of VW Beetles!

One of my wife's and my favorite places!

Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools