Topic

Backpackable Kite

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Backpackable Kite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

I'm looking for your recommendations for the most fun/ounce backpackable kite.

Price is no concern. This is my fun we're talking about.

Shane S.
    BPL Member

@grinder

Locale: P.N.W

If you have a Dollar Store in your area, I would recommend checking there. They usually have a selection of small and incredibly light kites that have provided me good service at the beach. They usually feature some sort of childrens comic book hero on them, but I think that makes them more fun…and there a buck, so when they get torn up…just throw them away!

Cheers

John Haley

@quoddy

Locale: New York/Vermont Border

I have an older version of one of "Into the Wind" air foil kites and they're fun. I actually used it a lot on wilderness canoe trips to pull the canoe across lakes when the wind was close to the right direction. The three beginner kites at this link are 3.5, 4.1, and 4.3oz.

http://www.intothewind.com/shop/Stunt_Kites/Beginner

Michael Crosby
    BPL Member

@djjmikie

Locale: Ky

I second in to the wind kites. I have many and most are very packable. My favorite is a little dangerous:

http://www.intothewind.com/shop/Stunt_Kites/Power_Kites/Beamer_III_3

No matter which you choose, they can add more fun to a great hike.
    Mike

Jeremy Greene
    Spectator

@tippymcstagger

Locale: North Texas

Definitely an airfoil/parafoil type. No setup needed. Just leave it all hooked together and cram it in a stuff sack. I have a single line. Makes a nice signal.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools