Topic

Bay Area Members: Hike to Mt. Diablo

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Bay Area Members: Hike to Mt. Diablo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Jay and Others,

Its not that I don't want to hike with you…

but I think I'm going to take the Bart to Walnut Creek then ride my bike to the top of Mount Diablo (I've always wanted to do that) then ride down to your house. My wife and son will meet me at your house but they may be a bit late since our life revolves around his daily nap, which is usually around noon.

See you tomorrow.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

folks, have a wonderful hike. Wish I could attend.

Nate Meinzer

@rezniem

Locale: San Francisco

first train doesn't arrive in Walnut Creek til 7:11 or so, so you guys go ahead and I'll catch up.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Wow!!!! What a dayhike…22.4 miles…Thanks for everybody showing up— I had a awesome day— It so much more rewarding being able to hike with such nice people…
    Thanks to all involved!!!!

-Jay

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Photos of the Trip are up in the Photo Gallery Everyone!

P.S. Anyone know what the total elevation gain and loss was for the trip? I don't know what our starting elevation was at Jay's house or the Elevation at the Top of Mt. Diablo. Someone please let me know so I can include that data in the essay. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools