Topic

Metacomet-Monadnock Trail 4/18-19/09

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Metacomet-Monadnock Trail 4/18-19/09

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Linn

@ryan-c-linn

Locale: Maine!

Another BPLer, Gary, and I decided to kick off the Northeast backpacking season with 35 miles in two days on the Metacomet-Monadnock Trail in Western Massachusetts. We started near the Leverett Village Co-op and went over the Holyoke Range to the Connecticut River. It's not as spectacular as some places out west, or even the White Mountains and Adirondacks, but it was a nice bit of trail. Here are a few pics.

"Jonathan Glazier Home Site" house foundation
    An old house foundation along the trail.

A green tunnel
    The green tunnel.

Buffam Brook
    Buffam Brook in the Pelham Forest

Northampton, Amherst, and the Connecticut River from the Holyoke Range
    Northampton, Amherst, and the Connecticut River from the Holyoke Range.

Mount Holyoke
    Mount Holyoke and the Summit House.

Walter Carrington
    BPL Member

@snowleopard

Locale: Mass.

Nice pictures. Was there much ice damage along the trail? (For people outside New England, Dec. 11 there was a bad ice storm, 2" of ice here in North Central Mass. and severe damage.)

Ryan Linn

@ryan-c-linn

Locale: Maine!

Surprisingly, the only ice damage I noticed was on the road down from the top of Mt Holyoke, which I walked on for a short distance between trails. After seeing the damage in southern NH, I was pretty surprised that it seemed like the M-M in this area was untouched.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools