Topic

John Muir’s Birthplace – a Photo Essay

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable John Muir’s Birthplace – a Photo Essay

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Companion forum thread to:

John Muir's Birthplace – a Photo Essay

JASON CUZZETTO
    BPL Member

@cuzzettj

Locale: NorCal - South Bay

Chris –

Nice Essay. These are really a favorite of mine. Keep them coming.

greg hummel

@ghummel

Locale: Southern California

Chris,

Great photo essay, informative, inspirational and so on focus.

BTW, since you hiked the PCT in '82, do you or any of your co-thrus have a list of '80's PCT hikers? I have a nearly complete list up to 1979 that I'm constantly revising as new info surfaces. It would be fun to extend it into the '80's.

Greg Hummel

Chris Townsend
    BPL Member

@christownsend

Locale: Cairngorms National Park

Greg, I don't have an 80s PCT hikers list I'm afraid. It would be interesting to see one.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Chris,
    Very nice addition to BPL's articles. Even after all of these years, his phrasing and insights to the world around us still sound wonderful.
    Tom

Russell Swanson

@rswanson

Locale: Midatlantic

This is one of my favorite BPL articles to date. Excellent job Chris and much thanks.

Brian Peck
    BPL Member

@brianpeck

Locale: North America

Chris, An interesting article and great quotes. I still recall reading your own long distance hiking exploits from my early days hiking, which were inspiring as well. Someday I'll indulge in a long hike!

John Coyle

@bigsac

Locale: NorCal

Some of you might also be interested in the John Muir National Historic Site in Martinez California (near San Francisco in Northern California) which is administered by the U.S. National Park Service. It includes the house in which Muir wrote most of his important works and part of the financially successful ranch that allowed him to pursue his interests. (he raised fruit and nuts) Muir is buried nearby. The information can be accessed by Googling John Muir National Historic Site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools