Topic

R1 Hoody Sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) R1 Hoody Sizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

I was thinking about taking advantage of the "special" R1 sale and wanted to see how it fits. I am 5'8" 145lbs and was thinking that a small should be ok. Does anyone have any input on this? Thanks

Robert Carver
    BPL Member

@rcarver

Locale: Southeast TN

It is pretty body hugging. I'm 5'10" 220lbs and have a XL. This fits me just fine. I don't like anything too tight. I use it as a middle layer with a cap 2 or cap 3 underneath. With a Houdini over it for wind proofness.

If you like layers that are pretty tight, go with the small. If you want it a little looser, choose the medium.

For comparison, my buddy is 5'10' 175lbs and uses the large.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Small should be right for you if you're using it as a base layer. Medium if you want to layer it over another base. I had an extra small for a short period and I was 165 at the time (I'm also 5'8). It was snug like I feel a base layer should be but not too tight. I'm under 150 now and would probably go for a small if I were to need one again.

George Phoenix

@perrito

Locale: Joisey

Phew! I ordered the XL but then was worried that it might be to big/loose. I'm 6'2", ~190 and some midlayer items, like from EMS, fit me fine in L but with most other stuff I go with XL. I'm not too fond of overly tight fitting clothes. I feel a little more confident of my choice now after the discussion here. 8-)

Art Sandt

@artsandt

I'm 5'10", 145 pounds, tall and skinny. A size medium "fits me well." That is to say, the sleeves are the right size (not too long, not too short) and the torso length isn't too short either. This size is tight fitting on me, though. I think this kind of fit is perfect for daytime activity (not drafty when moving, efficient warmth when standing still, feels comfortable right up against my skin). However, I can't sleep in such a tight-fitting shirt. This is probably just my personal preference, though.

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

I am 5'11" 190 lbs 42" chest large fits nice and snug.

Rob Lee
    BPL Member

@ouzel-701

Locale: Southern High Plains

I'm 6-2 and 165. The Large is perfect for me. Either alone or with a light base underneath. Sleeves and body plenty long enough. Form fitting but not tight or restricting.

Thanks for the heads up! I just bought both my sons their birthday present.

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

142#; 36" chest; 5'5.5"; torso 18.5"; and small is snug. I wear nothing underneath it. Measure yourself and jump on the same chest size.

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

I just wanted to thank everybody for responding. Looks like an orange medium is on its way to me

Robert Carver
    BPL Member

@rcarver

Locale: Southeast TN

Enjoy. It is a great piece. I really like mine. I think you will love your's as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools