Topic

Tent stakes in …

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Tent stakes in …

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Taylor Ginther

@tippet

Locale: San Diego

I'm assuming it so you don't have to crawl out of your warm cozy sleeping bag and tent in the middle of the night.
    I guess I can understand that, though I think a female would be more likely to make this choice. The mechanics of peeing and all…anyway as has been mentioned already, choices like that don't usually go hand-in-hand with the UL mindset. The philosophy as I undertstand it is "don't take what you don't need, take the lightest weight items you can, and wherever possible use multi-purpose items." It's all about discovering how little we really need, and we don't need a bottle to pee in

M G
    BPL Member

@drown

Locale: Shenandoah

I first heard about this in Mark Twight's book. A pee bottle seriously helps get a good night's sleep in cold condition and winter when you can have very long nights and staying hydrated ( hence having to pee) is crucial. It's hardly a women thing.

Rick Cheehy

@kilgoretrout2317

Locale: Virginia

Stakes go in a small silnylon bag that came with the tarptent. Sil bag goes in righ bottom pocket of my gg 'posa plus.
    Pee in bottle when cold, yes. Not in summer.

Taylor Ginther

@tippet

Locale: San Diego

OK I stand corrected

Rick Cheehy

@kilgoretrout2317

Just read the whole thread, socks is a great idea. Few mire grams gone. Thanks.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

I just use a ziploc baggie in winter… put it in the vestibule, let it freeze, just turn it inside out in the morning to empty… light…

Rick Cheehy

@kilgoretrout2317

Ziplock, good idea, you have a steady hand bro. I'm gonna try it.

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

I pack the stakes in a tiny silnylon sack which is also used for aid in throwing my rope over a tree for bear bag hanging. Just put a rock in the sack and toss.

pee bottle…nope. I get up, go outside and pee and look up at the sky and see a bazillion stars. Doesn't matter how cold it is. If the weather is bad, oh well. I just throw on a jacket. I guess in a sense, I'm marking my territory!

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools