Topic

Removable ponchotarp guy lines

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Removable ponchotarp guy lines

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Timo Anttalainen

@timoa

Locale: Finland, Espoo

tarp gyu linesHi, i make removable gyu lines to my ponchotarp. This "hook" is made from bicycles spokes. Weight is 2g. and it's very durable. Now it's easy remove lines when i'm using poncho as raingear.tarp gyu lines2

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Great stuff Timo! The hooks look very durable too. You might want to look at BPL's Nite Ize S-Biners..They to are removable and have two locked ends just in case the wind really picks up. The S-Binders are very quick and easy to connect and disconnect.

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

I just bought a set of 'biners from Zpacks. According to Joe, they are the same ones sold by MLD.

Great idea!

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Timo,

You may have just increased the MYOG rating of my kit and saved me from from buying a bunch of mini-biners. Thanks!

Is that heat-shrink tubing covering the closed loop?

Unknown abc

@edude

Timo, I also recommend the Nite Ize S-Biners. Although I do not own a poncho-tarp, I use the #2 for bearbagging.

all around they are a well designed biner, and you might also be able to get some at WalMart or Ace Hardware or somewhere like that, thats where I got mine.

hope that helps!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Those MYO ones look like drapery hooks with the points cut off.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking, Ken!

(Don't tell anyone we know what drapery hooks look like:) )

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools