Topic

Sub 5 – Overnighter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Sub 5 – Overnighter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I have some last minute time off so I'm taking off in about 8 hours for a quick overnighter to Bruce Peninsula National Park. I've never been there before, but the pictures look awesome so I'm excited. Just checked the weather and it looks like temps will be in the -2*C to +3*C. This is a little cold for my Arc AT and Skaha but I'm bringing my cocoon pants as backup…we had some snow yesterday and I don't want to freeze…it's supposed to be fun right? :)
    My list in under my profile, you can disregard the food portion of it…that's just my standard that I add to all my lists to play around with calories.
    My gear is pictured below for no real reason other then I took it so I may aswell post it. Gear in front of trekking poles is worn and gear behind is carried in the pack.
    Enjoy!
    BPNP Gear Pic

Carried:

ZPACKS BLAST 26 7.89

SPINSACK NANO SMALL 0.24
    SPINSACK NANO MEDIUM 0.31
    SPINSACK NANO MEDIUM 0.31
    S46 CINCH-SACK (7"X10") 0.05

NUNATAK ARC A.T. (LONG) 9.75
    NUNATAK SKAHA PLUS (L) 13.6
    COCCON UL 60 PANTS 7.55

CUBEN/MOMENTUM BIVY 2.82
    MLD CUBEN PONCHO/TARP 4.3
    6X TG 6" CF STAKES (5g/Each) 1.05

50' AIRCORE NANO GUYLINE 0.5

GOSSAMER GEAR NIGHTLIGHT 3.15
    GG 1/8" THINLITE 1.85

FIRELITE 500 SUL COOKPOT 1.89

TW-1 STOVE 0.64

WENDY'S SPOON 0.07

ARCTERYX T-NECK POLY ZIP 8.65
    TEKO ECOMERINO UL SOCKS 2.2
    BD POWERSTRETCH LINER 1.75
    MLD OVERMITTS 1.09

SUUNTO COMPASS/THERMO 0.3

MAP Printed on 8 1/2 x 11 0.17

DERMA-SAFE FOLDING KNIFE 0.25

PHOTON EX MICRO w/ String clip 0.32

MINI DISPOSABLE LIGHTER 0.5

CUSTOM SOLO FIRST AID KIT 0.6

OLYMPUS SW 850 5.5

PLATYPUS 1 LITER FOLDABLE 0.9

MICROPUR TABLETS (4 L) 0.15

4 PAWS FINGER TOOTHBRUSH 0.14
    SMALL SPONGE 0
    PURELL (3.2ml) in dropper 0.14
    DR. B'S (3.2ml) in dropper 0.14
    T.P. 1 DAYS (20 sheets (4g) /day) 0.14
    PACK WEIGHT (0z.)= 78.91
    Lbs= 4.931875

Worn:

BASE LAYER TEKO ECOMERINO UL 1/4 SOCKS 1.4
    EX-EFFICIO BOXERS 3.75

SHIRT BPL THOROFARE SHIRT (M) 4.55
    MEC BC THERMAL TOP 4.76

PANTS BPL THOROFARE PANT (M) 3.98
    MEC BC THERMAL BOTTOM 3.73

FOOTWEAR MONTRAIL HARDROCKS 40

HEADWEAR OR NINJACLAVA/BUFF 1.3/1.3

NECKWEAR WHISTLE ON LANYARD 0.11

POLES KOMPERDELL C3 CARBON 13.1
    CLOTHING WORN (0z.)= 75.38
    Lbs= 4.71125

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Steve,

Just as I like it – clean and simple! Great assembly of gear.

You are gonna have a great time! You should be warm enough.

Looking forward to pics and the report.

Todd

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Very impressive gear list Steve!! I hope you are warm enough. I look forward to a trip report to see how your gear worked out for you… I can't seem to be able to get under 10 lbs for a weekend overnighter.. My vice or crutch is my sleeping pad!! (I need to be comfortable)

-Jay

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

Looks great. What did you add to your Blast 26 to rack up that weight? Also, do you need all those stuff sacks? Otherwise, great list. Nice combo for handwear. I use the same thing myself.

No raingear, windshirt or gaiters?

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Just left the park…I had a great time. I'll post a little blurb and some pictures in the trip report section later this weekend.

Jay, the thinlite/torsolite is the minimum I can get away with…nothing cushy, but it does the job. I sometimes bring my MB90 if I'm feeling like a king…and I bring the DM7 if I'm feeling like a princess. ;)

Matt, I got a little carried away on the options available for the Blast…I think I got almost every one! LOL…It's still an amazing pack and even with all the options, is quite light.

As for stuffsacks, you are right. I was waiting for someone to point that out. I'm just the type of guy that likes my stuff super organized and always end up using a bunch of stuffsacks. I'll try to cut down…but it's tough.

Raingear was my poncho/tarp.

I am having mixed feelings about my windshirt these days. I love mine, but it is probably the least used piece of gear I have. Especially now that I have the BPL thorofare shirt, I probably won't bring it as much. Also, I hardly ever bring my Arcteryx L/S so for that reason alone I left the windshirt at home. I figured the Arcteryx L/S with the Thorofare would be fine if it got real cold. If I only had a short sleeved top then I would bring the windshirt for sure.

Gaiters: Thanks for reminding me…I brought them in the car but there wasn't too much snow on the ground so I left them behind. I did add my buff to the items worn though…the buff is great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools