Topic

Dont wear your day clothes to bed-myth?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Dont wear your day clothes to bed-myth?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Bill Reynolds
    BPL Member

@billreyn1

Locale: North East Georgia Mountains

Christopher TMI!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Christopher — TMI and TMR (too much red)! :)

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

What month was that Christopher? We're taking scouts up there this summer…..

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

"What month was that Christopher? We're taking scouts up there this summer….."

That's funny, no worries. It was early February.

Phil Barton
    BPL Member

@flyfast

Locale: Oklahoma

Joseph, as a Scoutmaster I've often encouraged boys on campouts to change out of day clothes before going to bed. But there is a good reason. Unless we are on a high adventure trip all the boys are wearing 100% cotton clothing. Most of the boys have been playing hard and they are damp from sweat.

When backpacking it's a different story. At Philmont, for instance, the boys are wearing all synthetic clothes. Most will change into their long underwear for warmth at night. But we don't stress the "change out of our day clothes" as the key message for our crew.

René Enguehard
    BPL Member

@ahugenerd

Locale: Newfoundland

Boy am I glad I don't ever wake up at night. Don't have to worry about the pee bottle.

That being said, I don't wear my clothes to bed, nor do I change into other ones. I sleep warm anyways, so it all evens out. I figure if my sleeping bag eventually smells funky I can use a front-loading washer on gentle cycle and get it clean… Seems straightforward enough.

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

Do you use more calories carrying 12 oz extra for a pair of clean pants, or from a whole night of scratching the itches caused by sweat, poison ivy, ticks, chiggers, stinging nettle, beggar lice, prickly burs, etc. ?

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools