Topic

Pertex/ Pile Sleeping Bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Pertex/ Pile Sleeping Bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

In reading Carlos’ suggestion of looking at the Buffalo Pertex/Pile website I started looking at Pertex/ Pile sleeping systems again. I gave up on the idea a few years back, thinking that it was too heavy and bulky, but in light of the recent discussion about using vapor barriers for winter sleeping, I was wondering if using a Pertex/ Pile sleeping system might make more sense in winter since you don’t have to worry about moisture buildup and the system itself actively get rid of the moisture. Anyone have experience with this? What do you think of it as an alternative system? (Carlos’ link to the Needlesports discussion on Pertex/Pile)

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Keep in mind, besides eliminating loss of loft from the “inside”, another aspect of the VB system (especially VBClothing) is to reduce loss of the body’s precious water resources. Limiting this loss reduces evaporative cooling making for a warmer sleeping system as well as reducing somewhat the body’s need for water since less is lost.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools