Topic

TT Scarp 1 for 2

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) TT Scarp 1 for 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Did this out of curiosity.
    With some Tarptents you can widen the floor space by dropping the "bathtub" wall, so I thought to try and see if I could do that with the Scarp. All you need to do is to clip the inner at the mid vent ring only.
    If you prefer the fly a bit further away than just connect the outer rings with a bit of cord , about 3-4"
    Obviously an emergency set up but doable.
    Franco
    Scarp 1 4 2

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

Franco: I really appreciate how much you poke around with your TT's to push them beyond their capabilities. Keep it up.

Henry Shires / Tarptent
    BPL Member

@07100

Locale: Upper Sierra Foothills - Gold Rush Country

> Obviously an emergency set up but doable.

That's the "+" part of sleeps "1+". The floor is 32" wide with 5" bathtub–42" wide fabric. If you unclip all but the apex ring you can widen the floor (and drop the floor walls). Same is/will be true on the Scarp 2 and Hogback.

-H

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Matt
    Thanks but
    " push them beyond their capabilities"
    Actually all I do is try to get the best out of them, I cannot make them work better then their are in the first place…
    Franco

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

Thanks Franco, its great Info. I'm ordering my Scarp 1 in the middle of this month, and was wondering how possible it will be to also accommodate my girlfriend on the occasional trip she joins me – we like to sleep close so it seems just perfect.

Greetings from Finland,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools