Topic

Metamorphosis 4: Monocle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Metamorphosis 4: Monocle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Companion forum thread to:

Metamorphosis 4: Monocle

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Great article. Although it was not unthinkable to add an empty can of Pabst Blue Ribbon to your pack, it was definitely unthinkable to buy PBR in the first place! Were they out of beer?

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

>>Great article. Although it was not unthinkable to add an empty can of Pabst Blue Ribbon to your pack, it was definitely unthinkable to buy PBR in the first place! Were they out of beer?

A great read, and at least they weren't drinking Piels Light…

Dan Mitchell

@dmitchell

Locale: Colorado

Thanks for the monocle tip. I'll have to try that when I wear my contacts. I have several pair of old reading glasses I can scavenge. Would work great for map and menu reading, too.

Nathan Boddy
    BPL Member

@nnboddy

Locale: Hamilton

I won't try and defend myself on that one. I will say, however, that a warm Pabst followed by a backpacking trip makes the Odells IPA taste all the better upon return! (Besides, we WERE in Utah. A guy only has so many options…)

Glad ya'll enjoyed the article.
    N. Boddy

stefan hoffman

@puckem

Locale: between trees

Come on admit it. PBR is everyones guilty pleasure. The kind of beer that creates a necessity for a cozy (to cover the label). There are lots of good brews local to Utah though. Squatters, Uintas, Red Rock, and i think Desert Edge Breweries. Great article. Thank you for adding to the list of little alternatives that allow us to ditch gear and enjoy living like animals. :)

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

If one more person puts down PBR this thread is going to get ugly! ;)
    Seriously, I love fine beer but for an over the counter generic beer PBR rules!
    When I go out west I pick up a 12 pack of Tecate.
    Narragansett is now available at the local packie as well.

-buy the way Im sipping a PBR as I type this.

Einstein X
    BPL Member

@einsteinx

Locale: The Netherlands

"I'd rejoiced in a beautiful morning for no other reason than to see it."

Beautifull!

Eins

Mike Dreiling

@m-i-k-e-todad

I completely agree about the PBR or as it's known in these northern lands, "peeber". Boddy, fantastic article. Very insightful, great imagery, and descriptive writing. …makes a guy really want to dawn a pack and go for a nice long (and comfortable) hike. Can't wait to read your next article!

Mano Cheema
    BPL Member

@cheemam

Why two contact lenses when one will do?

Jason Malone
    Spectator

@redwood22

Locale: Santa Cruz/Scott's Valley CA

Old style is better.

Miles Giordani

@d0gpile

A micro light weighing less than 1 ounce can go a long way! It’s saved my life more than once while needing to look for things in my pack in the middle of the night.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools