Topic

brother fishermen (fishin’ chicks too)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara brother fishermen (fishin’ chicks too)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Taylor Ginther

@tippet

Locale: San Diego

it's like I died and went to heaven. I found this place googling up some info on cuben, found Bill's pioneering work with that fabric, found an entire community of people into making their own gear, and now I find you all here in "fishing"…man this is awesome. I found a new home!

I'll be posting a lot in this forum but for now I'm enjoying reading all your posts.

For now I'll just say, the group I grew up hiking with is mostly people interested in attaining elevation, whilst my first choice has ALWAYS been streams and high lakes. Seems like people are either one or the other…I've ususally given in preferring to enjoy their company, but most of the time we've gone places where they can head of to summit a peak and I can head off to catch a bunch of trout.

Man oh man, is there anything finer than a fat brookie, or a hungry brown that hasn't had pressure for many moons because the ice just melted off?

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

There's less interest in fishing here on BPL then there is in backpacking, but there is definitely a hardcore set of folks who know the best fish are the ones far in the backcountry – and the best way to get far into the backcountry is to travel light.

Taylor Ginther

@tippet

Locale: San Diego

man I wish I was in Montana right now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools